Thursday, October 18, 2012

I Scream, You Scream, We ALL Scream for ... Bacon?

Ok, I'm wandering up 5th avenue last night, fiending for the Chicken Wrap that Mary J. Blige sold her soul promoting earlier this year, so I find and dip into a Burger King(advertising WORKS!) And while waiting for service I once again see the picture of that famed and controversial Bacon Sundae, of which I was still yet to try. So, after considering my options for half a second, eventually, like Dexter, I tell myself "Tonight's the night."

The guy "serving" me was a fuckin idiot. The transaction went something like this:

Me: "Excuse me - How much is the Bacon Sundae?"

Him: *vacant stare* "... Uhm ... I don't know ... I think ... '3-something'...? ..." *vacant stare continued*

Me: "... ..."

Him: "... ..."

Anyways, after finally ringing me up, he then asks his fellow server if HE knows how to make it. Apparently "ice-cream, topping, and bacon bits" is as complicated as it sounds, but he eventually finds a brief break from his own shiftlessness to make it for me. Although, he only puts caramel on it and hands it to me, at which point I'm forced to direct him toward the picture and inform him that (because a heart-attack can't come soon enough for me) the Bacon Sundae contains both Hot Fudge AS WELL AS Caramel. Thus, he then goes back and puts some of the chocolatey goodness on it too.


So "how WAS it?", you ask?? ... In 1 word? - "Fucking Awesome". The thought of tossing bacon on top of an ice-cream sundae is pure genius! But that's nothing new, as BK has been stepping its innovative game up so far past McDonalds in recent years, its ridiculous. The Bacon Sundae is the perfect blend of salty and sweet, with a little bit of crunchy ... but not TOO crunchy bacon. I tell ya - think outside the box, and don't be warded off by the eventual triple bypass waiting around the corner - Give this thing a shot! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

Don't forget to click Follow or Join this Site! ... or get more insight and shenanigans on Twitter @DarkOcean

No comments:

Post a Comment